:MOVE mini buggy kit for BBC micro:bit
The Kitronik :MOVE mini buggy kit for the BBC micro:bit is a fun introduction to the world of robotics. Once built it can be coded for a variety of activities.
The :MOVE mini is a 2 wheeled robot that is suitable for autonomous operation, remote control projects via a Bluetooth application or being controlled using a second BBC micro:bit as a controller via the micro:bits radio functionality.
The Kitronik :MOVE mini is powered by two continuous rotation servo motors. The speed of these servo’s can be controlled by simply altering the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal to the servo, which is easy to do using the Servo blocks in the Microsoft PXT Block editor. We have also produced Kitronik custom blocks for the Servo:Lite to make the task of coding as quick and painless as possible, see the resources section at the foot of this page for more information.
The buggy also has 5 x RGB individually addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel compatible), which can be used as indicators, reverse lights etc...
It is possible to add a pen or other extra parts to the kit to increase the range of tasks for which it can be used. The BBC micro:bit is sold separately and the kit requires simple assembly, buy the microbit here.
The included Kitronik :MOVE servo:lite board can also be used in conjunction with a BBC micro:bit to build other movement based projects. Kitronik have produced a wide range of tutorials and guides that can be found in the resources section below. They have guides detailing; how to control a third servo, how to code the buggy to draw shapes, how to write code for the on-board ZIP LEDs, how to code the buggy for Bluetooth control and how to use a second microbit as a controller.
- This kit requires mechanical assembly.
- The kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics.
- Add code for autonomous operation.
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth.
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller.
- Attach a pen and code the robot to draw shapes.
- 1 x Set of chassis parts.
- 2 x Micro 360 degree continuous rotation Servos with accessories.
- 1 x Servo:Light board.
- 2 x Counter sunk M3 6mm screw.
- 5 x Counter sunk M3 8mm screw.
- 6 x M2 Rec Pan Steel screw.
- 6 x M2 Hex Full Width Nut.
- 3 x AAA Batteries.
- Length: 80mm.
- Width: 65mm.
- Height: 70mm.
- Guide For Kitronik Custom PXT Editor Servo Blocks.
- Guide For Controlling 3 Servos With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Using Kitronik ZIP LEDs With The BBC microbit.
- Guide for Controlling :MOVE mini With The microbit Radio.
- Guide For Adding Bluetooth Remote Control To :MOVE mini.
- Guide For Drawing With The :MOVE mini For The microbit.
- WS2812B Datasheet
- Servo:Lite board Datasheet